Aromatherapy is a popular spa treatment that is used to help clients relax, whether during a massage, hands & feet treatment, or by itself. Essential oils are used to create the scents that clients smell during their customized spa treatments. Here are five essential oils commonly used in aromatherapy:
1. Lavender is used to help people relax and gain a feeling of calm, peace, and tranquility. Because lavender can help relieve stress, it is often used in headache treatments, and can be incorporated into a massage to help reduce the tension a person carries. This essential oil can either be rubbed into the skin or allowed to disperse in the massage room.
2. Frankincense is an essential oil that is has been used since Biblical times. It also helps people to relax, and has an uplifting effect thanks to its warm, sweet scent. It can be used to relieve tension caused by nervous energy, and can also be applied to the skin to aid in wound care and as a massage oil after childbirth.
3. Lemon is another great essential oil, thanks to its refreshing scent and stimulating properties. It can be used to relieve tension and can even provide relief from migraines. Lemon should not be inhaled directly, and care should be used when going out in the sun after using this essential oil on the skin.
4. Rose is yet another headache and tension reliever. A customized spa treatment designed to help with headaches may include rose oils, and its warm, floral scent can also be used to diminish symptoms of PMS.
5. Peppermint rounds out the list of common essential oils used during aromatherapy. It is stimulating and refreshes both the mind and spirit. Peppermint is a great massage additive because it helps relieve pain, and ease stress.
For an exclusive day spa experience, come to Spa Reveil. Our customized spa treatments include massage, hands & feet treatments, and skin care. Call us today at (512) 961-4714 to book your appointment.